SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

moaning missus?

houston

Just wondered if you lot get the same amount if grief each time you order a new scope, eyepiece etc. Keep telling her its the last thing ill ever need but of course its never ending.

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Have you tried the "I've had it years" ploy I also find the "it was in a sale" a good one too. Also mine tends not to notice my equipment (astronomy that is :grin: ) I originally had a little synscan goto mount which with my MAK she had seen jupiter through. I then upgraded it to an EQ5 (I kept quiet about the purchase) which with same scope she has just seen Saturn through in last few weeks and never noticed. Result!!!

There's a particular African tribe where the men and women live separately and only come together to eat, party and have sexual relations.

I honestly believe that they have something there and that we could learn a lot from them.

Sadly the way our society is structured, it would be very problematic but who knows, over the course of thousands of years......things may change.

There's a particular African tribe where the men and women live separately and only come together to eat, party and have sexual relations.

I honestly believe that they have something there and that we could learn a lot from them.

Sadly the way our society is structured, it would be very problematic but who knows, over the course of thousands of years......things may change.

I quite like the idea of eating and partying with the wife

If you can afford them life cant be that bad :smiley: she could be with a pauper :grin: That's what I say.

Mind you she may run off with my dad one day if I carry on with that attitude :grin:

If ever When I replace my C8 with a C11 or C14, I will say it is on steroids :D

I've fixed your post for you Michael, it's in writing now :D.I think the way to go is be honest, give your reasons behind it and if she's not willing to allow you to do something you enjoy that's not the scenario or relationship you want to be in anyway. Good justification is usually "if I buy it second hand, I can always get the same price back if I sell it", or "I will get you this as it's something you'll enjoy, and I'll get this as it's something I enjoy".

Fortunately this year I am not purchasing much, however I used to tell my wife that I am expecting another small astronomy thing in the post and understated it, hoping to leave it at that. Well its fair to say that Televue Nagler T6's are erm small.

Important to address the balance though and not over indulge. My Wife certainly is not into shoes, in fact last year wellies were the prioity, I did buy her a Kindle, which certainly receives more use than a T6.

in all seriousness, I actually think honesty is always best. myself and my wife have a small amount of 'spends' per month and this is ours to spend on what we want with no guilt, excuses or lies required. if I sell my own gear bought with such funds to buy something else then that's fine too. that way it comes out of my money not the family pot.

my wife's not so much concerned about the money I spend (which these days is a lot less than it was) but the time I spend. Sometimes I overdo it and I then get a justified reminder to pay her some attention. it's always give and take though in any relationship worth its salt. after 23 years together I know that by now!

in all seriousness, I actually think honesty is always best. myself and my wife have a small amount of 'spends' per month and this is ours to spend on what we want with no guilt, excuses or lies required. if I sell my own gear bought with such funds to buy something else then that's fine too. that way it comes out of my money not the family pot.

my wife's not so much concerned about the money I spend (which these days is a lot less than it was) but the time I spend. Sometimes I overdo it and I then get a justified reminder to pay her some attention. it's always give and take though in any relationship worth its salt. after 23 years together I know that by now!

Well said Shane!

I have cultivated a generally grumpy disposition ;) My wife says I am bad enough on a good day and getting astro toys makes me happier so why would she moan about it :D

Archived