Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Meade QX 30mm wide angle

Ive recently aquired a 2" Meade QX 30mm wide angle 4000 series.Havent had a chance to use it as I am working out of town.Was wondering peoples opinions of it.Also I read on the box that it is a 5 element eyepiece.Does this mean it is a Masuyama type eyepiece(like the Orion ultrascopics)? Thanks.

As far as reputation concerned, Meade QX eyepieces are one of the worst wide angle eyepiece ever made.

Still, you shouldn't let its reputation stop you from using it. It might be ok if you have a slow scope like a SCT or a Mak.

This is not the best eyepiece you could have got with the scope, these are terrible in fast scopes. As Keith pointed out they may be OK at F10 and longer. But give it a try you may find it fine we are all different.

Alan.

If you can wait (and that may be a couple of weeks) my new scope comes bundled with a rebadged 26mm QX as standard equipment.

Although it will hit Ebay, due to the fact that I don't need it, I was going to give it a run out in the new f9 frac, as well as my current f4.9 Dob.

Russell

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD using chubby fingers. Sorry.

Archived