Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Amazon deal - Celestron 31150 LCM 114 Short Computerised Reflector Telescope

The mount is compact and light weight, good for putting an camera on and getting some reasonable wide field shots with exposures 30-60s possible as 200mm fl, which will capture much more than you can see in a large dob for example. Plus it's a (reasonably accurate and easy to setup) GOTO, which will quickly get the camera pointing in the right direction.

• 5 months later...

A scope you should avoid. LCM is made for the department stores and supermarket market. The mount is very flimsy and is a typical department store scope.

hi fella, can you advise on a decent scope? i was also looking at this one. thanks ;-)

hi fella, can you advise on a decent scope? i was also looking at this one. thanks ;-)

What is your budget?

If you don't need computerised pointing, a Skywatcher 130p or 150p dobsonian is hard to beat

If you want GOTO, Skywatcher Synscan AZ GOTO is probably the cheapest I'd go for. However, personally I'd avoid any GOTO scope under £700 because most have defects associated with cutting corners to save cost.

What is your budget?

If you don't need computerised pointing, a Skywatcher 130p or 150p dobsonian is hard to beat

If you want GOTO, Skywatcher Synscan AZ GOTO is probably the cheapest I'd go for. However, personally I'd avoid any GOTO scope under £700 because most have defects associated with cutting corners to save cost.

+1 on that .

Archived