SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

Second Go At Jupiter......

xx Ash xx

Well, after my first disastrous attempt at Jupiter using a webcam I gave it another go tonight and managed to produce this image....

I'd like to know what you all think and if any of you could give me any pointers as to how I could get even better results.

post-29207-0-76105200-1362002265_thumb.j

i think thats a quality picture i had my very first go at it with an xbox webcam today, its alot harder then it sounds this was the best i got

Regards

Chris

Thanks, It's definitly a lot harder and even though mine came out ok, I still don't think that its as good as it could have been should I have tweaked the Webcam settings a little more. What settings did you use? I took my webcam down to 10 fps and toggled the gain and exposure until I was relatively happy with the image that I was looking at.

Your image is a hell of a lot better than my first, you should have seen my first attempt !!

the settings i used were suggested by someone else, i posted asking if anyone had any settings i should try i used

[Video Camera ]

Frame Divisor=1

Resolution=640x480

Frame Rate (fps)=20.00

Colour Space / Compression=YUY2

Exposure=-7

Brightness=93

Contrast=33

Hue=180

Saturation=56

Sharpness=52

Gamma=241

WhiteBalance=2770

BacklightCompensation=0

Gain=0

i had to make sure i unticked the auto box on exposure

Regards

Chris

These are the settings that I used.....

[Video Camera ]

Resolution=320x240

Frame Rate (fps)=10.00

Colour Space / Compression=MJPG

Exposure=-5

Brightness=128

Contrast=32

Hue=0

Saturation=53

Sharpness=0

Gamma=180

WhiteBalance=2995(Auto)

BacklightCompensation=0

Gain=147

i think thats a quality picture i had my very first go at it with an xbox webcam today, its alot harder then it sounds this was the best i got

Regards

Chris

Twelly, is that a stacked image? That's how mine looks before stacking. (mine is pretty rubbish really) I'm sure once you have the settings for SharpCap and Registax all sorted it will be a lovely image.

Keep up the good work.

Skips

Twelly, is that a stacked image? That's how mine looks before stacking. (mine is pretty rubbish really) I'm sure once you have the settings for SharpCap and Registax all sorted it will be a lovely image.

Keep up the good work.

Skips

Ras, you saying that it does appear that way. I ran mine through PIPP aswell first just to line everything up and then into Registax....

Keep up the good work.

Skips

no it's not stacked it was a single shot from the Xbox webcam I've got

Regards

Chris

Archived