Narrowband

skywatcher 200p camera connection

SHUTTLE ATLANTIS

can some one please help.with my 8inch dob i got a direct slr camera connection.

now i have looked at how it is used and im stumped. can some one please tell me how i use it in the scope how is it connected,what to and where do the eye pieces go with it. it most proberly is the easyist thing , can some one explain it step by step

many thanks

steve :huh:

The Skywatcher 200p has a direct SLR/DSLR camera connection. If you have, say, a Canon DSLR 450D or 1000D...etc, you can always get a ''T Ring'' to be fitted into the lens area of the camera. Then you can screw out the 2" eyepiece adaptor/holder on the telescope tube. Then simply stick the camera in there.

post-27451-0-83795100-1361175942_thumb.j

post-27451-0-35547600-1361175955_thumb.p

The Skywatcher 200p has a direct SLR/DSLR camera connection. If you have, say, a Canon DSLR 450D or 1000D...etc, you can always get a ''T Ring'' to be fitted into the lens area of the camera. Then you can screw out the 2" eyepiece adaptor/holder on the telescope tube. Then simply stick the camera in there.

Great video. However, he claims you can direct attach a t-ring, but I've tried this on a SkyWatcher 130p with a 350D and I still couldn't get enough inward travel to focus (I don't think). Can anybody else get enough? Might have to give this another go to make sure I'm not mistaken.

Has to fitted as t ring to telescope then camera ..when a nose piece is fitted to the t ring and this is slotted into where your eyepiece goes you cant achieve focus..using a Barlow lens can help but only if you want a close shot of say a section of the moon..Davy

Archived