SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

5th galloway starcamp

dweebostar

Hi all, we are pleased to announce the 5th galloway starcamp. It will be at the usual venue, which is Drumroamin farm campsite.

Propietors: Lesley & Ralph Shell tel 01988840613

The camp start's on wednesday the 6 november 2012, and run's till Monday the 11th. (5 nights) . stay before or after is ok

The rates are, electric hookup £14/night. non electric is £12/ night. A deposit of £25 (inc £3 group addmin fee) is payable to secure your booking, and is refundable until 6 oct 2013 , the balance of your booking to be paid before 6th oct 2013 to deter weather watcher,s and no show's.

PLEASE BOOK DIRECT WITH THE VENUE

For info on event email me at stevefoy@btinternet.com or pm .

Due to a change in local events i am not certain of a main day event, but will see if possible and update as needed.

see all soon,

cheers steve

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm a fine one because I've not made it up there yet but Jonathan, you've all that lovely gear and you're going to save yourself £2.00 a night ! We must talk :)

Thanks Steve. I must try harder this year. Everyone who's been reports this as one of the best.

Dave.

Don't worry, we won't look down our noses at you from the other side of the camp :smiley:

I think Tom will be bringing his usual articulated lorry full of equipment !

This year I've decided on a change of direction, I now just mount my dslr direct onto my mount (still use the 6SE, but just for viewing) So mainly widefield imaging.

To that end I've changed my mount from Alt/Az to EQ and it's a steep learning curve when you,ve been so used to a different mount.

Good fun though.

See you in November and we'll save a Tunnocks TeaCake for you !

Neil

Hi Tom,

Great to hear that you will be booking.

Remember too many clear nights will have a detrimental effect on our Whiskey trials!

I am planning on sharing a static van with Mike, Phil and Kenny.

Reg has booked a camping spot.

I am unable to attend the April informal, but planning to be a Cumbria SP in May.

Trust you are keeping well.

Cheers

Adrian

This will be my first galloway starcamp, cant make the spring one as Ive got so much on but will be booking for this one :D Think I will go for Thu-Sun also, need to discuss holidays with work first and then ill get booked on.

Hi Adam,

Given good clear weather, you will enjoy the Galloway SP, the views of the night sky are brilliant

The skies are very dark, Lesley the owner, blocks the light from the windows of the toilet and games room.

The regular attendees are a great group of people, who have a slight tendency to test the odd whiskey or

two. A number of us arrange for shared meals on Friday and Saturday nights. These are a great way of

getting to know people.

I rate it very highly and it is only 396 miles from my home!!

Hope to see you there.

Cheers

Adrian

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Hi Stuart,

Glad to hear that you have booked for Galloway in November.

The skies will be brilliant given how terrible they have been so far this year. Remember everything averages

over time!

Damian, you will find it a great party in every sense.

Cheers

Adrian

Archived