Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

AOK Swiss AyoTraveler

Bender

This might be the perfect mount if you are looking for a light astro mount that can take some weight.

I was looking for a small mount to use on a photo tripod with my Solarmax 60 for a while (in the past it was a Lunt 60)

I quite like the Giro family but the Giro mini and mini despite its nicely machined finish was not up to the task thanks to the rather small screws to adjust the alt and az tension. It was either loose or fixed and as soon as you moved the scope fixed became loose.

I was aware of the AOK Swiss Ayo traveler (AOK Swiss was the original producer of the WO ezy touch mount before WO went to an Asian supplier to produce a clone. AOK produces a range of alt ax mounts for all weight classes, that can be refitted with DSO as well)

The AOK mounts are relatively rare so I finally pulled the plug and ordered a new one from Beat the owner of AOK Swiss. Communication was excellent throughout. AOK actually has no order form online as they prefer to discuss you needs before ordering via email or phone. A rather nice and personal touch.

The mount arrived a few days later, and as Switzerland is not part of the EU, did an invoice for duties due.

What strikes first is the nicely machined skeleton structures. It keeps the weight down and the big disks for both axis should allow for good control of tension.

The mount weights less than a kilogram and can take up to six kg. the AOK website actually shows a TV 102 mounted on it that that might push things a bit.

The mount has a 3/8" thead to fit on photo tripods but AOK also offers a small pier extension that doubles as an adapter for GP style mounts.

Looking forward to test the AYo Traveler with my SM 60 if the clouds ever part.

post-6357-136062091354_thumb.jpg

post-6357-13606209737_thumb.jpg

post-6357-136062102591_thumb.jpg

post-6357-136062105164_thumb.jpg

Archived