Narrowband

Some fun: The ATIK OSX Drivers Example Application

NickK

Well - time for some ATIKOSXDriver Alpha3 fun :D

Attached is a zip with the Alpha release of the Example Application that will ship with the OSX Alpha3 drivers. It's incomplete - has some quirks etc but I thought it would be fun for some people :) The good news is you'll not be able to break anything - there's no drivers to mess up (all self contained), no setpoint cooling so warmup isn't required etc. Also I've deliberately not programmed the drivers to support any flash updates so I can't be blamed for bricked cameras.

If it doesn't work - simply restart the app or failing that the camera too.

You don't need to install anything - the application is pre-built and ready to run on OSX 10.8.

I've recorded a little youtube video to: http://youtu.be/H6tQaOuqP2E which may still be uploading/preparing.

There are some limitations (mainly in the app rather than the drivers):

* just image preview, capture

* no setpoint just yet

* no filterwheel just yet

* 16IC in this app will only work with mine until I sort out an easier way for you to get your FTDIChipID.

The driver limitations:

* 4000/11000 are a bit slow initialising.. as the drivers are still being tested.

* no unplug handling yet - this is planned for beta1 (next)..

Lastly - the software is provided "as is" without fitness of purpose, warrantee or guarantee. By using the software you agree that you will not hold me legally or financially accountable for any damages, disappointment or claim caused by or any other means by it's use.

ExampleApplication ALPHA.zip

Updated version of the example app

* fixed some memory leak issues - this showed when attempting 10,000 images on the test instance.

* fixed the number validation issues on the exposure time etc

* fixed the location of the capture (was hard coded to my home directory - sorry!)

* removed the solar image - 650K was causing a problem so please don't use the "test instance" option..

There's probably a few more issues but the app is alpha :)

ExampleApplication.zip

Archived