SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

What's my telescope?

I've recently bought a second hand telescope but regretfully know very little about it. Apparently it was originally purchased from SCS Astro in Wellington, Somerset in the mid to late 90's.

It is a 90mm refractor with a focal length of 1000mm and that is about all I know!

8413481837_43bedba73f_c.jpg

I don't know the brand but that mount is an equatorial so you can effectively "track" an objects movement. Measure the EP holder. Hopefully it has a 1.25 inch EP holder, making it compatable with most EP's. As I understand it some of the older telescopes take a different size EP (but I'll need someone else to verify that).

If you knew the where the scope were bought from you should give them a call.

Like I mentioned in your mount thread, the mount is likely to be either a Zhitong EQ4 or a TianLang TQ4.

However, neither have a 90/1000 achromat in their current line up, so it's either discontinued or SCS astro mix and match OTA and mount from various manufacturers.

I think SCS had these made specially with their branding on a few years back. It looks a bit like one of the old Meade models to me. SCS Astro are still going so perhaps give them a ring and see if you can find out more:

http://www.scsastro.co.uk/

I was watching that in ebay, i think John is right it looks like a meade tube

That looks just like my GSO 90 f/11 that I had. I still have the 80 f/6 version and it has all the same features as the pic except the colour. I imported a few of these from GSO back in the 90's and all the 90mm jobs had the objective installed the wrong way round :eek: If you have any doubts as to the quality of the image then check this point.

This is a quick pic of my 80 F6 and mount ( modded with a non-GSO motordrive ):

nigel

post-7974-0-33797000-1359204582_thumb.jp

Archived