Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Jupiter 15th Jan

Jim-a

Meant to post this just after I did it... but completely forgot :)

My second attempt to add some colour to a sketch... used b&w pencil outside at the scope and then raided the kids colouring pencils to add the colour (as close as I could remember it) when I got back inside.

post-23126-0-90642500-1358890857_thumb.j

Nice one. I have a sketch from the 15th which shows very similar details, as I was viewing around the same time - only I haven't yet attempted a colour sketch. It's an extra dimension of detail that makes drawing that bit harder!

spaceboy - i just use a red head-torch thing - theres enough illumination to see whats on the sketch pad without really affecting your vision.

bish - The thing I like most about sketching is that it 'forces' you to spend longer at the eyepiece teasing the details out - the colour was added later (i made some notes while I was outside then did it from memory)

Jim - this is very true. If I didn't make the effort to sketch planets I wouldn't spend so much time trying to eek out as much detail as possible. I will have a go at adding some colour next time.

Nick - I do find sketching hard work and have to do a bit at a time. Make a rough drawing first then do a small bit at a time.

Archived