SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

Adobe CS2 for free

Black Knight

No this is not a scam. I know this is not directly astro related, however I imagine it would be of great interest to astro imagers generally. Admins/Mods please move the thread if the Astro Lounge is deemed not the corrrect place for this.

Nick Howes has just tweeted the following:

Photoshop CS2 is now completelly FREE to dowload. No catch, from Adobe - http://fstoppers.com...emium-plus-free

You just need an Adobe account. A serial number is provided for both Windows and Mac versions.

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

DON'T.

The accounts page has been hijacked and I now have a laptop that won't even run in safe mode !

Adobe no doubt will fix it soon.

Dave.

( Written on another laptop )

Thanks Dave, download has been stopped.

It seems the Adobe website is down at present :(

Even if you have a computer that runs Win7, it's possible to run a Virtual Machine that can Windows XP (provided you have a valid XP disk / licence, of course). I run my version of CS2, bought many years ago in a VirtualBox (www.virtualbox.com) guest and it works fine.

Is it the download that is infected or the accounts page itself?

I've checked the download I grabbed earlier and it appears to be fine. No idea about the accounts page though. There are numerous technology news and blog sites reporting on this, so this seems to be a genuine offer by Adobe.

I haven't found any other information to say that there is indeed a hacking problem with the accounts page.

Right then. Almost back to normal. It was the accounts page and not the actual download.

It was the trojan Sirefef and it also dropped two hidden files in. The file used fixmdial.dll.

It turns off your antivirus and firewalls. I still can't access my firewall but I'm working on it !

Dave.

The trojan was downloaded when I pressed the enter button for the account details.

I've checked the download I grabbed earlier and it appears to be fine. No idea about the accounts page though. There are numerous technology news and blog sites reporting on this, so this seems to be a genuine offer by Adobe.

I haven't found any other information to say that there is indeed a hacking problem with the accounts page.

This is not an Adobe scam ! They will have found it by now ( The hijack ) and I'll try again later. Just unlucky.

Dave.

Dave.

I got the trojan too :-( But booted in safe mode and then used Malwarebytes to remove it. Seems to be back to normal now :smiley:

I run CS2 on this Windows 7 machine (I was only testing the Adobe download to see whether I should let my friends know about it)

Helen

That's good Helen.

My Firewall seems to be down and none of the fixes I've tried so far have worked. Antivirus is ok but it didn't save me before did it !

Safe mode was the way to go,

Dave.

Helen, how did he Trojan present itself - did you get an immediate notice from your protection software or did it only present on re-boot?

I signed up on the website with no apparent issues and completed the download without issues but have not carried out a reboot yet and have not run the download. I am currently running a scan of my hard drive using ESET Nod (virus protection) and have already had a clear result from a memory scan. I am loathe to turn off the laptop for now though!!

Just a leeetle bit concerned right now!

Archived