Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Eye patch

lhuchison

If anybody else is after one, they can usually be found for very little money, in the UK, from eBay fancy dress costume sellers

I think you can get them slightly cheaper but the USA one has padded edges and is domed for comfort. 3 hours wearing it , no problems apart from the parrot on my shoulder.

...one has padded edges and is domed for comfort. 3 hours wearing it , no problems apart from the parrot on my shoulder.

I've also found that every time I come to wear my patch, although in Spain I start adopting some mid-Somerset accent. Bizarre. Anyway, here's one I have put together. Sure, the sowing work looks a tad dodgy, but the eyepatch works fine. I scupltured a piece of thick, wetted card for that domed effect and have sown in a couple of layers of thin foam and silk-like material:

eyepatch3.png

I've also found that every time I come to wear my patch, although in Spain I start adopting some mid-Somerset accent. Bizarre. Anyway, here's one I have put together. Sure, the sowing work looks a tad dodgy, but the eyepatch works fine. I scupltured a piece of thick, wetted card for that domed effect and have sown in a couple of layers of thin foam and silk-like material:

eyepatch3.png

Nice one!

I bought one from Ebay and it was next to useless, tight, flat (pushing on eyeball) and let in lots of light around the edges, think it may have been a child's eye-patch. So I made my own with heavy elastic, card shaped perfectly for either eye coverage and a thick woolly sock to cover the eyecup part, all sewn together. It is brilliant and does its job perfectly and can be worn all night without discomfort. Anyway I am proud of it and it should last me years. You know you are an astronomer when; you get excited by something as mundane as an eye-patch.

eyepatch3.png

I, errr, close my non-observing eye :grin:

when I saw this Rob, I thought it was a skimpy thong :grin:

BUT as with many things if it works it works and it sounds like yours certainly does :smiley:

I, errr, close my non-observing eye :grin: when I saw this Rob, I thought it was a skimpy thong :grin: BUT as with many things if it works it works and it sounds like yours certainly does :smiley:

I promise it only doubles as a skimpy thong only on cloudy nights, honest :p

Archived