Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Messier 33 - Triangulum Galaxy

Betelgeuze

Hello stargazers!

After having huge problems with my Autoguider caused by Finder-Scope drifts, Wolfgang Ransburg from Teleskop-Service recommended to use an Off-Axis Guider instead of the Finder Scope. First I wasn't sure whether that would work any better, but it did.

Because of remarkably longer exposures (over 15min.) I can now minimize the ISO which results in lower noise.

For Messier 33 I collected more photons than I ever did before. I got almost 8 hours of exposure time, gathered over 3 nights. Pity the moon was there...

I expected the processing to be fairly easy, but it took me several attempts (probably up to 20 hours) until I was pleased with the result.

Accordingly I hope you enjoy my picture :)

CS,

Simon from Austria

Equipment:

8" f/4 Newton

EQ-6 Skyscan

MGEN 2

EOS 550D

Data:

30x15min.

ISO 200

Darks&Bias

processed with PixInsight

8124701256_1b6221fa4e_c.jpg

Triangulum Galaxy - Messier 33 von Betelgeuse93 auf Flickr

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hey Simon!

What a great image, as we say here in Portugal every shot = a dead bird :)

No doubt that very long integration times pays off, you're getting superb results with your DSLR, my friend you are becoming one of the great masters of DSLR imaging, hip hip HURRA!

Greets,

Luís

Archived