Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Rob`s Obsy Build

red dwalf

hi all,

thought i`d post a few pictures of my obsy build and also ask a few questions along the way,

all your comments and advice welcomed,

one item i am struggling on is the height of the walls from the floor to the eves, is there a standard height for this, i`m just over 6` in height but when i measure the walls and tried to visualise it they look very tall and then the roof has to go on,

anyway here`s a few pictures of what i`ve done so far.

http://imageshack.us...521/base2ol.jpg

http://imageshack.us.../baseframe1.jpg

slabs were laid on hardcore and cemented down

• Replies 138
  • Created
  • Last Reply

mounting the scope was one of my problems, which is one of the reasons i went with hardcore in the middle area, the other being drainage should and rain get underneath.

i have a pier or rather a plastic waste pipe which will be filled with concrete, the problem was at what height did it need to be, then someone surgested i use the mount first for a few months to determine what it needs to be, then once i have the length needed i can open the hatch and start digging out some of the hardcore and soil ready for concrete to be poured in.

it`ll be a bit of a pain to do in a smallish area but i think i can dig out enough for a good foundation.

been doing alittle more today olthough the weathers been poor, managed to find an old photo from the guy i bought it off, i can`t belive i`ve had this in the garden under covers for over 2 years before i`ve managed to get rounf to putting it back together.

obsy.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

there`s a couple of opions available,

1. take it out with my airifle

2. get on to the council, i hold out little hope for this

3. paint one side of it when no ones looking

4. with luck the council do seem to be replacing some of the street lights in the area with modern white light ones which do seem to shine the light downwards rather than into the air

any other surgestions gratefully recieved

• 4 weeks later...

there`s a couple of opions available,

1. take it out with my airifle

2. get on to the council, i hold out little hope for this

3. paint one side of it when no ones looking

4. with luck the council do seem to be replacing some of the street lights in the area with modern white light ones which do seem to shine the light downwards rather than into the air

any other surgestions gratefully recieved

It's got a big sensor on the top so a laser pen should take it out no probs!

• 3 weeks later...

Todays update :-

yesterday managed to finished all the cladding except for one small piece top right of the door which will cover the rollers, typical one piece short.

and today after much head scratching and putting off, i`ve managed to build a front door ! which i`m very pleased with as i`ve never done anything like it before and took alot of thinking about, but finally it`s all but water tight.

final stage is the side runners for the roof to roll onto which again is proving a little taxing on the gray matter, i want it to roll of no more than 8` and they of course need to be level, so i`m thinking of some wooden pillers with a brace which goes across that the runners can be supported by.

anyway here are some pictures of the progress and my door which i`m most proud of, all glued and screwed together.

cladding2.jpg

cladding1.jpg

door1we.jpg

door2b.jpg

cheers guys, not decided how i`m going to lock the door yet, got a few old locks in the garage i think that the father in law had lying around, so would like a proper key lock for it but i`ll see.

as for the fence panels Astrokev, there`s a story, having only just finished putting the fence up a few months ago after a long winded talk with the council and getting the ok from them, a couple of weeks ago an elderly lady managed to run into it with her car causing £450 of damage ! i was gutted, she wasn`t even in the car at the time, she had parked up the road and forgot to put her handbrake on while getting out, luckily for me my fence stopped it after it rolled down hill 50 yards.

i could have cried.

as for the fence panels Astrokev, there`s a story, having only just finished putting the fence up a few months ago after a long winded talk with the council and getting the ok from them, a couple of weeks ago an elderly lady managed to run into it with her car causing £450 of damage ! i was gutted, she wasn`t even in the car at the time, she had parked up the road and forgot to put her handbrake on while getting out, luckily for me my fence stopped it after it rolled down hill 50 yards.

i could have cried.

Nightmare - one of those situations that you couldn't make up. Guess you have to try to be philosophical and think that things could have been a lot worse.

Archived