Welcome to Stargazers Lounge
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Hoedus I and II.

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

the rev

the rev

Star Forming

• Advanced Members
  • 284 posts
Managed to image some interesting stars lst night, including these two. Can anybody tell me what a KB class star is as that is all I could find Hoedus 1 described as?
Kate

hoedus II sept 7th.jpg hoedus 1 sept 7th.jpg
:o
EQ6 mount with a Celestron C6 and WOZ 72 mm on double dovetail (home made.
SXVR H9 and co star guide camera, for deep sky imaging, and an Starlight xpress MX916 with star analyser and 5 inch mak/ cas for spectroscopy.
A Canon 350D, Phillips webcam, and a Meade LPI for lunar, solar and wide field imaging.

jsandse

jsandse

Star Forming

• Advanced Members
  • 276 posts
Nice spectra.
Zeta auriga is a binary star - one star is K and other Is B which is where the KB comes from.

This star was the subject of a pro-am campaign in 2011. Link to the campaign page below:

http://www.hposoft.c...rigae/zeta.html

cheers

John
C14, M250, E180 telescopes
CGE, EM0200 mounts
Atik 314L+, DMK 21, QHY5 Cameras
LHIRES III spectroscope

the rev

the rev

Star Forming

• Advanced Members
  • 284 posts
Thanks John. I assume the campaign was while one star passed in front of the other. Will check out the website and see how different mine is.
Kate
:o
EQ6 mount with a Celestron C6 and WOZ 72 mm on double dovetail (home made.
SXVR H9 and co star guide camera, for deep sky imaging, and an Starlight xpress MX916 with star analyser and 5 inch mak/ cas for spectroscopy.
A Canon 350D, Phillips webcam, and a Meade LPI for lunar, solar and wide field imaging.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users