Welcome to Stargazers Lounge
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

North-East Sky, Flashing Red Blue and White, What is this?

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

Beneb

Beneb

Vacuum

• New Members
  • 1 posts
I can see a flashing star in the sky which i first though was a plane. It did not move for several minutes so i looked at it with my telescope. It is flashing blue red and white. It is located in the constellation Auriga. Anyone in North America around to tell me what this is?

earth titan

earth titan

Sir, are you absolutely sure? It does mean changing the bulb.

• Advanced Members
  • 2,659 posts
That will be Capella. Gorgeous huh?

Typed by me, using fumms...

Tom
Scopes: C9.25, 80mm TS Photoline Triplet APO, Explore Scientific's 12" truss dob, guide scopes etc. etc.
Mount: Obsy based NEQ6 with EQMOD. For travel - CG5 GT

Eyepeices and cameras: Whole range of Televue 1.25" plossls, 2" Skywatcher Aeros, Atik 314 L, Canon 1000d (modded), QHY5, SPC900

.......and a shed full of bikes.......

MAN or ASTROMAN

MAN or ASTROMAN

Star Forming

• Members
  • 202 posts
Red,White and Blue? Isn't that taking Olymic Team GB celebrations a little bit too far?
SW 130P on EQ2 mount,10mm & 25mm supplied EPs.,8mm,13mm,17mm,32mm Celestron PlosslsTMB PL2 6mm,,various colour filters,TELRAD, Tal x2 barlow,Baader ND filter,Baader UHC filter, Celestron 15x70 Binos.Optus 20-60 60 mm spotting scope.

pallas15

pallas15

Nebula

• Members
  • 90 posts
yeah thats capella..actually a pair of binary stars ( i.e. 4 stars )
The Sun, with all the planets revolving around it, and depending on it, can still ripen a bunch of grapes as though it had nothing else in the Universe to do.” Galileo Galilei.
skywatcher 130......eq2 mount-2xbarlow-25mm/10mm eps- xbox cam/spc900nc nosepiece---nd25 moon filter...philips sky guides..TELRAD..

Tinker1947

Tinker1947

Main Sequence

• Advanced Members
  • Pip
  • 7,075 posts
Capella with a bit of "Poor Seeing" sometimes it appears to dance about a bit also.....

NEQ6 Pro, Skywatcher 250P DS +  Moonlite CR2, Skywatcher Skyliner 300P GoTo + Moonlite CR2, Tracer 12v 14Ah Battery, Baader 2"-1.25" Click-Lock Adapter, Baader 2" Click-Lock 47mm extention

Astrozap Dew Shield + Shroud, Baader Coma Kit,Telrad x 2, Canon 600D Modded, Nikon 5200, ST-80 Guide Scope + Lodestar Auto-Guiding, EQ-Direct

Hyperion, 17mm, Pentax XW 5mm, XW 7mm, XF 8.5mm, XW 10mm, XF 12mm, XW 14mm, XW 20mm, XW 30mm,TeleVue 41mm Panoptic, TeleVue 17mm Nagler 

Baader Filters, 2" UV/IR Cut, 2" Neodymium, Messiers  81/110, Small Obby, Mey Observing Chair

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users