Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Astroboot

ObscuredbyClouds

In my experience they're fairly random. I've had some things turn up within a couple of days and others take several weeks. I'd give them another couple of days at least.

James

There have been other SGL threads about SnS service.

These, and my own experience, tend to point towards items being shipped in a few days.

Immediate shipping is unusual in my experience.

If quick delivery is important, I use other suppliers.

I have used Astroboot several times and delivery times can vary wildly. A few filters were on my doorstep the next day and some other stuff took over a week.

It is completely random and don't bother with the track and trace thing on their website. It is also pointless phoning them as they never answer.

When the goods did turn up they were all well packaged and in good nick

I've ordered from there a few times, it also seems to be a bit random about how long it takes them to dispatch, I think it has been between a few days and a week before for me.

Also I've occasionally had a nice surprise and end up with something better than I ordered, I guess maybe they can't find what I ordered?

I've only had cause to call them once when they dispatched me an 80A filter rather than an 82A I got through on first attempt, they told me they had run out of 82s and substituted it and said I could return it. In the end I decided to keep it.

Tyr

ps now rummaging around in the Astroboot thanks for the reminder :)

About one in three times I get an email advising the order has been dispatched so it is a bit hit and miss. Last order came next day but the order before that hadn't shown up after a few days even though I'd paid for next day delivery and when I phoned them they said they were too busy to ship right away and it would be a few days before they'd be able to ship it. :mad: Now I'll just order non-urgent bits from them.

John

I was trying to buy a couple of 35 x 35 x 10mm plastic boxes from AB which are apparently "New Item. Plastic box suitable for 1.25" filters", but their website only allows you to buy just one at a time, i.e. you cannot change the quantity in your cart or add one to your cart twice. I emailed them about it, and was told this is to stop dealers buying up their stock.

Seems a bit strange/crazy to me, all I want is two plastic boxes :icon_frown:! Anyone know where else I might be able to get these?

Thanks,

Mark

About one in three times I get an email advising the order has been dispatched so it is a bit hit and miss. Last order came next day but the order before that hadn't shown up after a few days even though I'd paid for next day delivery and when I phoned them they said they were too busy to ship right away and it would be a few days before they'd be able to ship it. :mad: Now I'll just order non-urgent bits from them.

John

I hope you demanded a refund for the next day delivery that you paid.

They don't have the best rep for quick delivery, but they've always been very quick when I've ordered from them.....in fact for me they've only been bettered by Harrison telescopes who teleport your order to your doorstep instantly (well, almost!)

Well its been a week now and still nothing - so i rang today and after finally getting through they said they were behind and they will post today. Behind? Youre not kidding lol

This post started out to be a simple how long roughly. Im just glad i havent ordered loads of stuff and handed over loads of cash to wait this long.

I ordered some bits last week and received an e-mail saying that they had been dispatched.

I asked the stores guy at work to look out for them this week, but I guess I shouldn't expect them until I come back from holiday a week Saturday. :grin:

Bryan

Archived