Welcome to Stargazers Lounge
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Astroboot

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
23 replies to this topic

ObscuredbyClouds

ObscuredbyClouds

Star Forming

• Advanced Members
  • 271 posts
Ordered a few bits from AB Tuesday and was wondering how long their delivery usually takes ? The track the order thing keeps saying the same old same old, so not very helpful.

JamesF

JamesF

Supernova

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 21,868 posts
In my experience they're fairly random. I've had some things turn up within a couple of days and others take several weeks. I'd give them another couple of days at least.

James

Skywatcher ST80, ST102, ST120, ED80, Skymax 127, MN190, 200P, Celestron C9.25, Coronado PST, several pairs of binoculars, 10" dob
EQ1, EQ3-2, AZ3, HEQ5 Pro, NEQ6 Pro
Planets: Mercury, Venus, Mars, Jupiter, Saturn, Uranus, Neptune
Messier Objects: 110
Lunar 100: 41

ObscuredbyClouds

ObscuredbyClouds

Star Forming

• Advanced Members
  • 271 posts
Sounds cool to me then :grin:

DavidValentine

DavidValentine

Sub Dwarf

• Advanced Members
  • 1,488 posts
There have been other SGL threads about SnS service.
These, and my own experience, tend to point towards items being shipped in a few days.
Immediate shipping is unusual in my experience.
If quick delivery is important, I use other suppliers.
  • Ponyo likes this

Prador

Prador

Star Forming

• Members
  • 184 posts
I have used Astroboot several times and delivery times can vary wildly. A few filters were on my doorstep the next day and some other stuff took over a week.

It is completely random and don't bother with the track and trace thing on their website. It is also pointless phoning them as they never answer.

When the goods did turn up they were all well packaged and in good nick
  • ObscuredbyClouds likes this
“We have loved the stars too fondly to be fearful of the night.” ― Tombstone epitaph of two amateur astronomers

NEQ6 with some brass hanging off it.
Big newt/small frac with some BST's
90% enthusiasm/10% ability!

Tinker1947

Tinker1947

Main Sequence

• Advanced Members
  • Pip
  • 7,226 posts
When i have used them, they do send a E-mail to say the stuff has been posted, not always a next day thing, but it has always turned up...

NEQ6 Pro, Skywatcher 250P DS +  Moonlite CR2, Skywatcher Skyliner 300P GoTo + Moonlite CR2, Tracer 12v 14Ah Battery, Baader 2"-1.25" Click-Lock Adapter, Baader 2" Click-Lock 47mm extention

Astrozap Dew Shield + Shroud, Baader Coma Kit,Telrad x 2, Canon 600D Modded, Nikon 5200, ST-80 Guide Scope + Lodestar Auto-Guiding, EQ-Direct

Pentax XW 5mm, XW 7mm, XF 8.5mm, XW 10mm, XF 12mm, XW 14mm, XW 20mm, XW 30mm,TeleVue 41mm Panoptic, TeleVue 17mm Nagler 

Baader Filters, 2" UV/IR Cut, 2" Neodymium, Messiers  81/110, Small Obby, Mey Observing Chair

Tyr

Tyr

Star Forming

• Advanced Members
  • 264 posts
I've ordered from there a few times, it also seems to be a bit random about how long it takes them to dispatch, I think it has been between a few days and a week before for me.

Also I've occasionally had a nice surprise and end up with something better than I ordered, I guess maybe they can't find what I ordered?

I've only had cause to call them once when they dispatched me an 80A filter rather than an 82A I got through on first attempt, they told me they had run out of 82s and substituted it and said I could return it. In the end I decided to keep it.

Tyr

ps now rummaging around in the Astroboot thanks for the reminder :)

Edited by Tyr, 29 June 2012 - 09:02 AM.

127mm Mak, 150mm Newtonian, AZ mount, various EPs
10x50 and 15x70 Bins

2 eyes with extra lenses on sticks

johninderby

johninderby

Red Dwarf

• Advanced Members
  • 4,747 posts
About one in three times I get an email advising the order has been dispatched so it is a bit hit and miss. Last order came next day but the order before that hadn't shown up after a few days even though I'd paid for next day delivery and when I phoned them they said they were too busy to ship right away and it would be a few days before they'd be able to ship it. :mad: Now I'll just order non-urgent bits from them.

John

boltzy

boltzy

Nebula

• New Members
  • 34 posts
I was trying to buy a couple of 35 x 35 x 10mm plastic boxes from AB which are apparently "New Item. Plastic box suitable for 1.25" filters", but their website only allows you to buy just one at a time, i.e. you cannot change the quantity in your cart or add one to your cart twice. I emailed them about it, and was told this is to stop dealers buying up their stock.

Seems a bit strange/crazy to me, all I want is two plastic boxes :icon_frown:! Anyone know where else I might be able to get these?

Thanks,
Mark
Sky-Watcher Explorer 150P EQ3-2
EPs: SW 10mm, SW 25mm, Barlow: SW 2x

Bins: Carton 8x40

Planets: Mars, Saturn, Jupiter
Messier Objects: none (yet, waiting for it to stop raining!)

Darkstar_1

Darkstar_1

Star Forming

• Advanced Members
  • 283 posts

About one in three times I get an email advising the order has been dispatched so it is a bit hit and miss. Last order came next day but the order before that hadn't shown up after a few days even though I'd paid for next day delivery and when I phoned them they said they were too busy to ship right away and it would be a few days before they'd be able to ship it. :mad: Now I'll just order non-urgent bits from them.

John

I hope you demanded a refund for the next day delivery that you paid.
scopes- skyliner 200p dob, celestron 127 mak goto.
EP's - vixen npl 30mm, 15mm, celestron 25mm, 9mm, skywatcher 25mm super wide.
Binos - revelation astro 15x70, meade 10x50.
Tal 2x Barlow
RACI finder,Telrad finder,Baader neodymium filter, Baader solar filter.

dav1d

dav1d

Star Forming

• Members
  • 199 posts
Bought my Scope from SnS in Feb/March and it arrived in a few days. The freebie Barlow still hasn't turned up :(
David - Master of the shotgun-blast approach to punctuation

Heritage 130P Flextube with Android-powered pushto goodness & Logitech Quickcam Pro 4000 astrocam
CBR600 F2 Rat

WayBig

WayBig

Sub Dwarf

• Advanced Members
  • 1,317 posts
They don't have the best rep for quick delivery, but they've always been very quick when I've ordered from them.....in fact for me they've only been bettered by Harrison telescopes who teleport your order to your doorstep instantly (well, almost!)
Chris
Scopes: Skywatcher 250 flextube auto, Startravel 120
EPs: SW Nirvana 28mm, Explore Scientific 82 14mm & 6.7mm, 5mm paradigm, Tal x2 x3
Messiers:93/110
Herts Astro Group: http://www.hertsastro.org.uk/

paul schofield

paul schofield

Brown Dwarf

• Advanced Members
  • 2,131 posts
I bought a scope from there 2 years ago, asked them to inform me of a rough delivery date, I was not answered at all after emailing them 3 times, hence I have never been back.
Sky-Watcher Skyliner 200p. Sky-Watcher Aero ED 2 SWA 30mm
Tele-vue Radian 10mm. BST's 18mm & 8mm, Meade 5000 swa 24mm.
Vixen NPL 15mm. Baader G.O. 6mm, Tal x 2. Revelation 15x70 bins. Meade 10 x 50 bins.
Baader Neodymium IR-Cut filter, SkyWatcher Narrow Band UHC filter.
Rigel Quikfinder & SW 9x50 R.A.C.I. finder.

sologuitarist61

sologuitarist61

Sub Giant

• Advanced Members
  • Pip
  • 8,930 posts
I've had some bits come quickly and others take a bit of time. Have just ordered a few pieces today, so I guess that's the kiss of death on them arriving any time soon :smiley: :smiley:

Regards

Richard

My model making blog can be seen at   http://richardmoorem...blogspot.co.uk/

ObscuredbyClouds

ObscuredbyClouds

Star Forming

• Advanced Members
  • 271 posts
Well its been a week now and still nothing - so i rang today and after finally getting through they said they were behind and they will post today. Behind? Youre not kidding lol

This post started out to be a simple how long roughly. Im just glad i havent ordered loads of stuff and handed over loads of cash to wait this long.
  • johninderby likes this

JamesF

JamesF

Supernova

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 21,868 posts
Hmmm. It's not reassuring, is it? Fortunately I'm not in need of random bits of astro gubbins at the moment.

James

Skywatcher ST80, ST102, ST120, ED80, Skymax 127, MN190, 200P, Celestron C9.25, Coronado PST, several pairs of binoculars, 10" dob
EQ1, EQ3-2, AZ3, HEQ5 Pro, NEQ6 Pro
Planets: Mercury, Venus, Mars, Jupiter, Saturn, Uranus, Neptune
Messier Objects: 110
Lunar 100: 41

ObscuredbyClouds

ObscuredbyClouds

Star Forming

• Advanced Members
  • 271 posts

Hmmm. It's not reassuring, is it? Fortunately I'm not in need of random bits of astro gubbins at the moment.

James

:grin: :grin: :grin:

southerndiver357

southerndiver357

Sub Dwarf

• Advanced Members
  • 1,754 posts
I ordered some bits last week and received an e-mail saying that they had been dispatched.

I asked the stores guy at work to look out for them this week, but I guess I shouldn't expect them until I come back from holiday a week Saturday. :grin:

Bryan
Bryan
A lot of the gear, but still no idea! Posted Image

earth titan

earth titan

Sir, are you absolutely sure? It does mean changing the bulb.

• Advanced Members
  • 2,660 posts
I am probably unusual in as much as I rate SnS quite highly. Astroboot is normally a couple of days.

I always precede an order of non astroboot stuff with a phone call. They confirm stock, I place the order.

5 stars.

Tom
Scopes: C9.25, 80mm TS Photoline Triplet APO, Explore Scientific's 12" truss dob, guide scopes etc. etc.
Mount: Obsy based NEQ6 with EQMOD. For travel - CG5 GT

Eyepeices and cameras: Whole range of Televue 1.25" plossls, 2" Skywatcher Aeros, Atik 314 L, Canon 1000d (modded), QHY5, SPC900

.......and a shed full of bikes.......

sologuitarist61

sologuitarist61

Sub Giant

• Advanced Members
  • Pip
  • 8,930 posts
Ordered from astroboot a week ago and nothing so far ...

Edited by sologuitarist61, 05 July 2012 - 03:04 PM.

Regards

Richard

My model making blog can be seen at   http://richardmoorem...blogspot.co.uk/

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users