Welcome to Stargazers Lounge
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Piggyback mount for DSLR

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

Sam Bo

Sam Bo

Star Forming

• Members
  • 169 posts
Hi all

Im hoping to buy a DSLR soon and would like to piggyback it on a Bresser 70 mm scope. I will also attach it with a T adaptor although I guess the mount is probably not sturdy enough to achieve much.

Does anyone know how best to piggyback mount the DSLR to a 70 mm scope? I was thinking using a tube ring but wondered if that would be enough to take the weight? Cant find a 70 mm ring only 90 mm. Perhaps 2 x tube rings with a dovetail and quick release? Anyone know of the right kit for the job rather than making it myself?

Cheers
Sam
Nikon D5100 primefocal for moon shots or with 18-55mm, 50mm F1.8, and 200mm F4 Nikon lenses piggybacked for DSOs.
Bresser Skylux 70/700 mm reflector, EQ3-2 and Celestron CG-5 GOTO mounts, Antares 15mm, 2 x barlow and illuminated eyepiece reticle for manual tracking.

Steve Ward

Steve Ward

Main Sequence

• Advanced Members
  • Pip
  • 7,241 posts
You can use one of these and connect the camera directly onto the mount .

http://www.scopesnsk...tailcamera.html

Steve

"Mit der Dummheit kampfen gotter selbst vergebens" ( against stupidity the gods themselves struggle in vain )
Tal 100RS , SW Mak180Pro + Revelation focuser, SW200PDS, SW80ED Pro, SW ST120, ETX105, Celestron 15 x 70's , HEQ5ProSynScan, EQ3-2 on 14' Pier.
Canon1000D Std x 2 , SPC900NC x 3. "Scopium" Hershel wedge.

Sam Bo

Sam Bo

Star Forming

• Members
  • 169 posts
Thanks

Aha....So use the LCD as a guide for manual tracking rather than the scope?
Nikon D5100 primefocal for moon shots or with 18-55mm, 50mm F1.8, and 200mm F4 Nikon lenses piggybacked for DSOs.
Bresser Skylux 70/700 mm reflector, EQ3-2 and Celestron CG-5 GOTO mounts, Antares 15mm, 2 x barlow and illuminated eyepiece reticle for manual tracking.

Steve Ward

Steve Ward

Main Sequence

• Advanced Members
  • Pip
  • 7,241 posts
What sort of mount have you ?

Steve

"Mit der Dummheit kampfen gotter selbst vergebens" ( against stupidity the gods themselves struggle in vain )
Tal 100RS , SW Mak180Pro + Revelation focuser, SW200PDS, SW80ED Pro, SW ST120, ETX105, Celestron 15 x 70's , HEQ5ProSynScan, EQ3-2 on 14' Pier.
Canon1000D Std x 2 , SPC900NC x 3. "Scopium" Hershel wedge.

Sam Bo

Sam Bo

Star Forming

• Members
  • 169 posts
I think the mount is equivalent to an EQ2 or perhaps 3. Not heavy I know but all i can afford at the mo. Rather than using a regular camera tripod, Im hoping to use it to manually track.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users