Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

My New Moonlite For My Lunt Ls60

A couple of months back I began contemplating a new focuser for my LS60.

Original post

In the end I decided to go for a Moonlite (from FLO) and it arrived yesterday :grin:. I'm very happy with it!

I'd identified a few possible options:

• Baader Steeltrack (~£210 delivered from TS)
  • JMI Event Horizon (RVO said they could supply but did not respond with a price :sad: )
  • Feathertouch (I contacted Widescreen - where I bought my LS60 - but they did not respond with a price :sad: )
  • Moonlite (£330 delivered from FLO)

In the end I went with the Moonlite because I have a Moonlite on my Dob and it's lovely (and because it looks cool in orange!)

Andrew

post-2973-0-07804000-1339056369_thumb.jp

post-2973-0-07068300-1339056382_thumb.jp

Another Moonlite fan here, but it has to be red ;)

But the one on my Dob is red and I might get them confused :rolleyes: .

(The back of the blocking filter is orange on the Lunt and I wouldn't want it to clash!)

Andrew

Looks just the job Andrew.

How do you think it compares to the feathertouch which are an option I believe?

Edit...ooops sorry just seen your comments about the feathertouch!

With hindsight I would have gone for the feathertouch option - less hassle (but not orange!)

Andrew

Excellent homework, Andrew! So what do I ask for if I order one from FLO? Is there a model number, a particular adapter, etc?

I can feel one coming on because the stock focuser is getting to be a downright embarassment...

Olly

PS Did you catch the Transit? We had about 20 mins on it here. Very exciting.

It's not on their website as such. It's a CS focuser with an additional lunt flange. My spec was:

CS,

Orange,

Lunt flange,

1.5",

Dual rate

I emailed it through their help desk and paid via "Additional payments". There is also a motor driven option.

I didn't get anything from the transit - too much cloud and not a clear enough horizon :sad:. Did you get any images?

Andrew

Archived