SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

Thanks John. I saw that (think HOO is the European distributor) but wondered about how likely it is to actually arrive. I'm sure they're a legit company but "special order" is often a euphemism for "not actually available".

Out of interest, whats so good about the 75r

Won't know until I can get one but what I'm after is something that's reasonably compact, decent for wide field with a 40mm eyepiece and a good platform for full disc white light solar and a CaK PST mod.

Other than the chromatic aberration the two Tals I've had have been first rate (still got one of them converted for use with a PST) so I figured it would be a good bet for the above purposes, plus it's wilfully different, which works for me.

Probably the only way, unless Hoo can get one, is direct from Novosibirsk, through Yuri Elovenko.

Out of interest, Andy are you able to contact Hoo and see if they have the 125r in stock

Won't know until I can get one but what I'm after is something that's reasonably compact, decent for wide field with a 40mm eyepiece and a good platform for full disc white light solar and a CaK PST mod.

Other than the chromatic aberration the two Tals I've had have been first rate (still got one of them converted for use with a PST) so I figured it would be a good bet for the above purposes, plus it's wilfully different, which works for me.

Have you considered the Opticstar AR80, f7.5, im still toying with getting one of these

I really fancy the wee EQ mount that comes with the 75R. I'll bet it's as solid as a rock. Would make for a great 'getaway' mount for smaller scopes. Looks like it could be used in alt/az too.

Some nice pics of it in here, http://www.astroclub.kiev.ua/forum/index.php?topic=869.0

I've read that the mount can be seperated from the lower table leg part. In fact I think Tal offer a pedestal that lets you do just that. I've got a few screw together Tal pedestals that would work nicely.

Andy.

• 3 years later...

The Tal 75 is still listed on Tal's own website, just need to find somewhere in EU that sells it. http://www.talteleoptics.com/tal75r.html .

Edit* This place still sells the Tal 75. They also accept paypal, so atleast your potential purchase would be protected, they look like they are in the EU too. http://rusoptics.com/?module=catalog&action=viewproduct&id=205

The last factory list price in April for a fully kitted out 75R(inc mount, tripod & accessories) was about £150. So don't really know where those rather inflated prices come from. From memory, the only place in europe that actually physically had a 75R was a shop in Austria, many moons ago.

Anyway, should be a nice wee scope, as well corrected as it's bigger brother, the 100RS.

The last factory list price in April for a fully kitted out 75R(inc mount, tripod & accessories) was about £150. So don't really know where those rather inflated prices come from. From memory, the only place in europe that actually physically had a 75R was a shop in Austria, many moons ago.

Anyway, should be a nice wee scope, as well corrected as it's bigger brother, the 100RS.

I have to wonder if TS germany can supply one?

Can I add, I'd kill for a pair of those super cool glasses that the guy on the right is wearing !!!!

The guys a couple of pics down look like extras from one of the early Bond movies :smiley:

"With this new laser ray weapon we will change the balance of east-west power forever eh Sergei ?"

Archived