Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Solar H Alpha imaging tutorial

Astroblagger

which scope did you get astroblagger?

i see you have a good camera already the DMK that should work nicely in there

imaging the suns very much like planetary or luna you take lots of frames an extract the best ones

the only difference is for focusing and out in the sun the laptops screen gets very glare, a few members use a crate (i found the green recycling boxs work well) and black "photography" material which helps when your in direct sun

Solar astronomy kit should come with a wide brimmed sun hat. :)

I've got a nice linen one with a floppy brim which is perfect. I don't look like a total idiot, keeps the sun off your head and gives shade to the eyepiece.

Cheers

Ian

You should be able to get focus with a PST and DMK. Which DMK have you got?

You may need a short and shoulderless nose piece to get the camera flat against the top of the EP holder to get a solid focus. FLO do one here: http://www.firstlightoptics.com/adaptors/low-profile-125-nosepiece-c-threads.html

Otherwise in some cases, the DMK gets very close to focus but just misses. :)

Cheers

Ian

Worth a try. I use a skynyx 2.1 and need to unscrew the 2x barlow lens and screw it direct to the CCD nosepiece to allow focusing. After trying a range of barlows from 2-5x, the 2 keeps the Newton ring effect to a minimum when in focus. Bit of trial and error but some combo will work.

Archived