Welcome to Stargazers Lounge
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Another chance to see - The Sidewalk Astrononer

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

Psychobilly

Psychobilly

Supernova

• Global Mods
  • 28,863 posts
  • Location: Blue Green Planet , Orbiting a G2V Star, The Orion Spur, Milky Way.... Some Like To Call Home.. :)
On PBS (SKY CH 166) 19:50 09/05/12

If you havent seen it its well worth a watch... It's about and "stars" John Dobson...

Peter...

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2

We choose to image with DSLR’s. We choose to image with DSLR’s in this decade and do the other things, not because they are easy, but because they are hard, because that goal will serve to organize and measure the best of our energies and skills, because that challenge is one that we are willing to accept, one we are unwilling to postpone, and one which we intend to win, and the others, too.

Canon 5D Mk III , 7D , 1000D (Baader BCF), 350D (Full Spectrum)  and some Nice Glass from 10 to 600mm ....  Nikon D200 & D50

Phil Fargaze

Phil Fargaze

Proto Star

• Advanced Members
  • 882 posts
Thanks, you just reminded me, I was going to set it to record but got distracted.
Orion XT10 intelliscope 250mm f4.7
HEQ5, Celestron C9.25 XLT
Watec 120n+ Video Camera
Havering Astronomical Society http://www.havastro.co.uk/
Reality is the sum of all infinity

CFC

CFC

Star Forming

• Members
  • 143 posts
Thanks for the heads up ;)

vlebo

vlebo

Proto Star

• Advanced Members
  • 704 posts
Just watched it on a repeat. Quite an interesting and somewhat eccentric chap

Edited by vlebo, 10 May 2012 - 01:24 PM.

Helios Quantum 4 20 X 90 some Pentax Eyepieces and currently in the market for a new scope.

SplintUK

SplintUK

Star Forming

• Advanced Members
  • 323 posts
I managed to watch it this evening on sky+ (other DVRs are available), and loved it.

What a great guy John is, witty and remarkably compelling. Well worth a watch.

Good to see someone asking some difficult and fundamental questions about things we tend to assume to be true these days (the big bang). Right or wrong it's good to hear the questions asked in such a clever and well thought out manner. I guess that is what separates science from religion, dissent is welcomed an encouraged in order to further everyone's understanding.

I enjoyed it.

Celestron C9.25, SkyWatcher Equinox 80 ED,  Skyliner 250px, Heritage 130p Mini Dob, Celestron TravelScope 70,
Skywatcher HEQ5, SynGuider (finder/guider), Televue TRF-2008, Celestron f6.3 reducer/corrector  

AstroTrac TT320X-AG, Canon EOS60Da with Astronomik CLS-CCD Clip Filter
Explore Scientific 100° 20mm, 14mm & 9mm, 82° 28mm, 24mm & 11mm, Baader Hyperion 17mm, RevelationAstro EP kit.

ianaiken

ianaiken

Proto Star

• Advanced Members
  • 942 posts
The Pluto files with Neil Degrasse Tyson is on in 8 mins.
Cheers,

Ian
aHR0cDovL3d3dy5pYW5haWtlbi5jby51aw==
Sunderland Astronomical Society ( SAS ) - "Who Stares Wins"

barkis

barkis

Supernova

• Global Mods
  • 24,716 posts
Forgive the piggy back onto your thread Peter.
On the same channel Sky 166 PBS, starting NOW. 11:30 pm for an hour and 10 minutes.
The Pluto Files.:clouds2:
Ron.

Psychobilly

Psychobilly

Supernova

• Global Mods
  • 28,863 posts
  • Location: Blue Green Planet , Orbiting a G2V Star, The Orion Spur, Milky Way.... Some Like To Call Home.. :)
No worries Ron...

Its always worth having a look whats coming up on PBS...

We choose to image with DSLR’s. We choose to image with DSLR’s in this decade and do the other things, not because they are easy, but because they are hard, because that goal will serve to organize and measure the best of our energies and skills, because that challenge is one that we are willing to accept, one we are unwilling to postpone, and one which we intend to win, and the others, too.

Canon 5D Mk III , 7D , 1000D (Baader BCF), 350D (Full Spectrum)  and some Nice Glass from 10 to 600mm ....  Nikon D200 & D50

Phil Fargaze

Phil Fargaze

Proto Star

• Advanced Members
  • 882 posts
Amazing chap. I wouldn`t have the front to stand on a street corner in London with my telescope approaching complete strangers!
His use of scale is very good, such as `the Earth would fit inside the gap of the Cassini Division`.
Orion XT10 intelliscope 250mm f4.7
HEQ5, Celestron C9.25 XLT
Watec 120n+ Video Camera
Havering Astronomical Society http://www.havastro.co.uk/
Reality is the sum of all infinity

garethmob

garethmob

Red Dwarf

• Advanced Members
  • 4,250 posts
any one know another way to watch this, i dont have live tv :) an so no tv licence is there any online way to see it short of "d/l"in it

11"Compact Dob */*Coulter Odyssey 8 Dob*/*William Optics Megrez 72*/*Prinz Astral 500*/*Meade ETX 70AT
Opticron 8X42*/*Celestron skymaster 15X70
Skywatcher Synscan AZ*/*
Celestron AZ3*/*ASTROTRAC AG*/*Kson Eklipse
Canon 1100D 
Please let me know if any of my posts dont make sence, im dyslexic, they may make sence to me,but not to every one i'll happly rewrite it just let me know :)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users