Welcome to Stargazers Lounge
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Setup for record keeping?

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

SmokeyJoe

SmokeyJoe

Star Forming

• Members
  • 121 posts
Hello, another newbie question from me (I'll stop soon I promise) scope will soon be on it's way (6" Newt on a dual axis driven eq5) don't know exactly what areas of astronomy are going to take my interest but I do know that I am going to want to keep records. I also know I can't draw ;)

So my question is this :

Can anybody advise on a cheap setup that I can keep attached to the scope while I am observing that will enable me to take quick snapshots good enough for the purposes of record keeping.

I have seen somewhere a splitter that enables you to keep a webcam attached and still look through the scope is this what I need or does it dim the view too much?

I have a Sony Alpha 100 (not the best , I know) and a laptop (would prefer to use my android tablet tho if poss).

I am quite willing to shell out for a webam.

Once again thanks for your help.
Dom

'..when I follow at my pleasure the serried multitude of the stars in their circular course, my feet no longer touch the Earth...' - Ptolemy

SW200P EQ5
Supplied EPs and Barlow.
Some filters.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users