Narrowband

Mars & Saturn, less is more..?

eyepod

As the weather is still awful i've been going over my best Mars and Saturn this year and have redone them using less processing and stacking less frames, interesting to see the difference between them. 1st Mars is less @ 800 frames from 2950. 2nd Mars is more @ 950 frames from 2950, The first Saturn is just 700 frames from 3600 and the 2nd 1000 from 3600 I backed off on the wavelet sliders in REG6 as well. Both images use AS!2 for align and stack.

Jason ;)

post-27261-133877770734_thumb.png

post-27261-133877770739_thumb.png

Thanks Stuart & Franck, I'm still amazed buy what this cheap webcam can do... its just a shame its not USB2 and only really goes at 10fps, there must be a modern cheap alternative out there, that's easy to mod and works in sharpcap.... but no ones found it yet...

Jason ;)

All of those images are very good, and I hope to be able to emulate something along those lines but I am a long way off yet.

Great food for thought regarding the less is more approach. I will surely give that a go!

Excellent and thanks for sharing

Martin

Archived