SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

I think

Si Rollett

I've been viewing LOADS of stuff.

Planets from Mercury out to Neptune, a few asteroids, lots of M's, and even more NGC's and IC's...

'Course - they've all been viewed via Stellarium, plus googling for images of the NGC's and IC's

So... own up... how many of you were jealous to start with...?

I've been viewing LOADS of stuff.

Planets from Mercury out to Neptune, a few asteroids, lots of M's, and even more NGC's and IC's...

'Course - they've all been viewed via Stellarium, plus googling for images of the NGC's and IC's

So... own up... how many of you were jealous to start with...?

You got me going there :hello2:

Actually, joking aside, I find Stellarium very helpful.

I can set it up (have set it up) so that it gives me precise views as they are seen through my telescope with respect to optics, minimum magnitude and even light pollution.

So I can poodle about using my laptop on my nice comfy sofa and pick targets of interest for whenever (it feels more like IF ever) the skies clear. And, tbh, if I can't view live - this is a fair second best option. Beats being stuck watching Britain's (not) Got Talent :hello2:

I see that the northern half of the UK may get some clear skies this weekend. I'm thinking of emigrating from Sunny Suffolk...

Archived