Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Meade Autostar 2 star alignment problem.

Hi all,

Had my girlfriends Meade DS2080 out last night. Aligned it using 2 star alignment and it aligned perfectly. Then the batteries went dead, so I changed them and switched it back on.

When I went through the process of the 2 star alignment again it kept failing to align.

It picked Arcturus as the first star and then swung tree tube so it was about to crash into the tripodd. I managed to stop it by switching it off. It did this 4 times in succession before I gave up and used it manually.

Any ideas as to what ths problem could be?

It's never done this before and the batteries are brand new and I set it up properly i.e I've done this countless times so I'm no novice.

Q. My telescope has gone berserk. It slews until it hits the hard stop in either azimuth or altitude. It behaves erratically. What do I do?

A. Generally this occurs when changing the power source, either by swapping in fresh batteries, switching to AC or a 12VDC source, or when the batteries run low and need replacing. Normally, doing a CALIBRATE MOTORS from the AutoStar will fix it. This is an automatic operation once you select it. Sometimes you may also need to do a TRAIN DRIVES. And on rare occasions you may need to RESET, CALIBRATE MOTORS, TRAIN DRIVES.

From http://www.weasner.com/etx/menu.html Mainly about ETX but also lots of autostar stuff.

Jon

Archived