Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Is anybody using APT with a 350d

pel

I've been looking to improve ease of focusing of my 350D for imaging DSO's. I had a look at BYE but that didn't work on Windows 7 64-bit or a Windows XP sp2 VM. I'd been told it wouldn't work on W7 64-bit but thought it would work on the XP VM, but it blue screened when taking snaps.

Has anybody used APT with a 350d. I primarily want to use it just to assist focusing as I already have a timer remote?

Thanks, Perry.

I think your problem is probably more down to trying to pass a USB device through to a VM : particularly fraught and doesn't work well.

BYE works fine for me on XP SP2.

Can you try with a native XP machine? (Dual boot?)

Hi Kheldar ,

Thanks, yes I had heard it worked ok natively on XP. I didn't want to go down the dual boot route as it is a lot more effort than trying APT. I will definitely use that option as the fall-back though as BYE looks good.

Thanks, Perry.

I've been looking to improve ease of focusing of my 350D for imaging DSO's. I had a look at BYE but that didn't work on Windows 7 64-bit or a Windows XP sp2 VM. I'd been told it wouldn't work on W7 64-bit but thought it would work on the XP VM, but it blue screened when taking snaps.

Has anybody used APT with a 350d. I primarily want to use it just to assist focusing as I already have a timer remote?

Thanks, Perry.

Hi Perry,

I have feedback from several APT users that the combination of 32bits virtual machine, 32btis drivers for 350D and APT works fine...

Thanks Ivo.

I've added XP to my laptop now via dual boot. Hopefully that will make thinks even easier, althought BYE is crashing on me still, even on 32-bit XP.

I will try APT.

Cheers, Perry.

Archived