Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Rosette widefield

stan26

I was thinking this could almost qualify for the widefield section......

This I have decided is my final image of the rosette for now. I will return to this target next year with a modded camera and tease a bit more of the red fluffy stuff.

This was using my new(ish) Canon 200 f2.8 L lens set to f4. I will make an aperture mask in the near future to help with star shapes, but for now I don't feel that its too intrusive in the image. I'm very happy how the EQ3-2 is coping with guiding. This image was made up of 3min subs due to light pollution, but the EQ3-2 can pull off 5min+ subs without egg shape stars.

Total exposure 4hrs 17mins. Skywatcher LP filter, Darks and Bias frames, but no flats.

Stan ;)

rosette4hr17min2000xweb.jpg

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Thanks guys, Yes bizbuilder there does seem to be a bit of red coming through n the lower left. I wasn't sure whether to edit it out or not, may look a bit odd?? but i guess its all data that I have captured so I left it. I would really love to host this picture in its full large format, but my basic flickr account has re sized it to 1024....;)

* EDIT- that's better! hosted through image shack, hopefully you guys can see it?*

Stan

Archived