Welcome to Stargazers Lounge
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

RG & B exposures - to register star colours

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

buzz

buzz

Star Forming

• Members
  • 242 posts
Forgive the newbie question - I have recently moved over to a LRGB (Ha) filter wheel from my EOS body and have a question about colour exposures in general:

I have seen several images with colourful backdrops and yet colour in the stars too. To get the backdrop colour, my stars are clipping in the RG and B channels.

For instance I was imaging Rosetta Nebula last night - a 10 min Ha sub exposure was good enough to register the nebulosity above the noise floor - but even a 1 min R, G or B exposure was clipping many stars in the central cluster - yet offered no hint of detail at all in the background.

I found some images on the web with a different setup - which assumed 30min subs for Ha and 15min for R, G and B. The stars had fantastic colour too.
Is there a trick I'm missing?

kind regards
Chris
www.digitalastrophotography.co.uk

Hardware :some stuff and then some more stuff, in fact, too much stuff altogether.  Software: same as hardware... to much stuff

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users