Welcome to Stargazers Lounge
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

first nebula

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

SHUTTLE ATLANTIS

SHUTTLE ATLANTIS

Star Forming

• Members
  • 198 posts
yes i saw the orion nebula for the first time great sight also looked at the pleiades with the naked eye i can see about seven bright stars with the scope wow so much to see .

:celestron 15x70 bins & skywatcher liner 200p dob 2.5x revalation baby barlow 6mm ultra wide eye peice 10mm 25mm and 32mm lens

planets venus jupiter mars saturn
orion nebeula, pleiades, m31 m52
comet 1

Double Kick Drum

Double Kick Drum

White Dwarf

• Advanced Members
  • 3,057 posts
Good stuff!

Were you able to make out both sections of the Orion nebula?

The brighter bit is M42 and looks like a pair of wings (or a croissant if you prefer) and has a number of stars embedded in it. With your 10mm eyepiece, you should be able to split a trapezium of stars called....The Trapezium, near the centre of the nebula.

Just to the North in the same field of view is M43 (called de Mairan's nebula but part of the same gas cloud). It appears circular around one of the brighter stars in the area.
Martin - brought to you by the letter pi and the number......pi as well

STUFF: Bresser Messier 127s EQ (F5) - 40mm, 25mm, 15mm, 10mm, 8mm, 6mm & 5mm EPs - Adler 15x70s - Canon EOS 1100d - Cartes du Ciel
MESSIER: 97/110, CALDWELL: 38/109, HERSCHEL: 163/400, DSO TOTAL: 294

PLANETS: Mercury - Uranus (inc), LUNAR: 8/100, MOONS: 9, ASTEROIDS: 7, COMETS: 5

PeterJB

PeterJB

Nebula

• New Members
  • 17 posts
I can make out a clear shape to the Orion Nebula, but colour is difficult. The Crab Nebula looks great though, so many stars!

SHUTTLE ATLANTIS

SHUTTLE ATLANTIS

Star Forming

• Members
  • 198 posts
orions nebula looked like a pair of wings sort of milky /grey colour but it was clear in the scope i just could not beleive it so gracfull.
i will try again when clouds go to view the crab nebula too and others as i find my way around the stars:)

:celestron 15x70 bins & skywatcher liner 200p dob 2.5x revalation baby barlow 6mm ultra wide eye peice 10mm 25mm and 32mm lens

planets venus jupiter mars saturn
orion nebeula, pleiades, m31 m52
comet 1

Dunkster

Dunkster

Sub Dwarf

• Advanced Members
  • 1,855 posts
Orion is great. My first telescopic view of a nebula was the Ring nebula - had me checking for something being dangled in front of the objective, even with my little Mak it's unreal. Really looking forward to seeing it again. Should be great in your 200p

HD80606

HD80606

Nebula

• New Members
  • 24 posts
Orion nebula, my favourite thing to look at! Its awe inspiring. The pleiades and betelgeuae makes for an interesting night od astronomy :p

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users