Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Heads up Half Price 8x40 on FLO

ismangil

I opened mine today as they were delivered to my parents house.

Should the exit pupils be perfectly round? as they are not on my pair.

I am also having a job to see a single frame without a black bar where the image merges together. I notice some distortion too.

Do you think i have a faulty pair?

The exit-pupil will not be perfectly round in a binocular at this price, it is normal to see a slight flat along one part of the circumference. There will also be some aberrations around the image periphery. If you cannot achieve a clear comfortable view after adjusting the eyepiece distance to match the distance between your eyes, and the eyecups (down for spectacle wearers, up for non-spectacle wearers) then they either don't suit you or are faulty. Either way feel free to email us to arrange collection/refund.

Hope that helps,

Steve :)

Thanks for the reply

I had another go today. Distant objects are fine, its only close up objects where the image does not merge properly. I'm guessing this is normal for a low magnification binocular?

I got a picture of the exit-pupil

binx.jpg

You should be able to focus at 6m. As you focus closer you might need to adjust the binocular for a more comfortable view. If close work is your thing you would be better using a roof-prism binocular.

Binocular choice is subjective, we all have different eyesight. It might simply be that this binocular doesn't suit you. Please feel free to email us to arrange collection/refund.

HTH,

Steve :)

I have the Opticron 8x40 Aspherics which I got from FLO. I thought they might be the same as the Helios - they certainly look quite similar. However these focus down to two metres.

At such close focusing the central image isn't merged perfectly at all but I thought this was normal. I had a look though some fairly decent roof prism bins in a shop (Hawke Frontiers) and the same thing happened with those.

Archived