SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

Tal 8" refractor pics !!

6402174493_13f0d86406_b.jpg

6402174215_dfa7a452ca_b.jpg

Oh. My. God.

That's a beast.

Made for the Novosibirsk City Planetarium, to the customers specs, including electric focuser and ocular turret.

APO 200 mm F9. Doublet OK4-OF6.

Two OTA's were made.

The mount shown was just there to hold the ota. A massive one was(or is being) made.

Awesome.

:)

Andy.

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

That frac is just stunning, im getting so niggled that TAL make all this wonderful astro kit and we in the uk dont get a look in, when i win the lotto im going to set up a tal dealer ship and import these products, so we can finally get a look in

That frac is just stunning, im getting so niggled that TAL make all this wonderful astro kit and we in the uk dont get a look in, when i win the lotto im going to set up a tal dealer ship and import these products, so we can finally get a look in

Mirrors my thoughts.

I asked my dad if we had any uber wealthy relations. Sadly not:evil6:

Just noticed the counterweight system slung under the OTA.

Now that's a good idea, I would not fancy having to keep moving this beasts dovetail bar up and down the mount to rebalance :)

You've just put amusing images in my head now...

Thanks Nick! I had been meaning to get one of these so I can balance my 35mm Panoptic with my T6 Naglers and Orthos when using the Giro III which is a very free moving Alt/Az mount.

Currently I have to move the dovetail along the saddle which means I probably use it less often than I should due to the hassle. :icon_confused:

Now that you have reminded me I have just placed an order with Telescope House for the equaliser :rolleyes:

Archived