SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

latest buys.. the S.W.V.G :P

garethmob

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

As anyone who knows me would agree im not one for changing my astro kit often  :evil: ,but,the last few months have been challenging to say the least and i thought i would treat myself to something ive always wanted

attachicon.gif20140517_200641.jpg

A CPC 1100 GPS with a Denkmeir power/filter switch diagonal optimised for bino-viewers.Now before MrFlibble starts taking bets on how long i will keep it,,,this ones a keeper all i need is a 400p and i will be happy :grin:

That's nice Matt !   :smile:

A charity shop recently opened in our town overseas, and I was fortunate to find a few older Astronomy books among the clutter: two on telescope building, a Nasa atlas of Mercury, and an early 1900's book on microscopes which should prove very educational. Unfortunately I couldn't to bring them back this time as other necessities filled my one suitcase. Hopefully the purchase will bring some much needed rain to the region, as California is suffering a drought.

Yes Sandra, you never know what you might find, it's kind of like a treasure hunt. When I find older books of interest, I check the Bibliography section if there is one for possible unknown books of interest. Often I find titles which are under the radar on the internet, and sell for low or very reasonable prices.

Mat 

A keeper now that sound familiar

very nice setup , wot cam you using now ????

Lenny

ps my £ is on 7months half way thru next season

At the moment len im concentrating on planetary imaging so its a dmk21 618 mono at the moment.

That's nice Matt !   :smile:

Thanks mike.

I've purchased the cleaning and collimation of my C8 and C11 :smile:  I'm going to drive VERY carefully bringing the back home!!!  I'm looking forward to seeing how much difference good collimation makes...

Helen

I've purchased the cleaning and collimation of my C8 and C11 :smile:  I'm going to drive VERY carefully bringing the back home!!!  I'm looking forward to seeing how much difference good collimation makes...

Helen

Where did you have it done helen ?

Hi Mat,

I took them to Telescope House for Steve Collingwood to do. We were in the area for a function last weekend. Steve is in the process of setting up his own business doing this from his own workshop. I've had an email to say they're ready, just got to find time to go back up! (Will be a careful journey home to try to maintain perfect collimation!!!)

Helen

Does that mean the Equator has moved Mike. You really should not go around changing the Latitude.

Pat :)

I thought the weather got warmer just after Mike bought his latitude adjuster. :cool:

Just purchased a Skywatcher 80ED DS-pro outfit.....Hopefully the clouds stay away for the rest of you as I don't have the mount yet so can't really use it.... 

arrived yesterday a nice 11" ADM dovetail. the only thing missing from my AP rig!    (apart from a nice guide camera :) to come next!)

managed to take this last night, 8 30 second images, with cloud around and that lovly honey moon.

looking forwar to clear skys tonight might give m101 ago as im sheltered here :) 

the megrez is a fantastic scope,  it always supprises me visially how good it preforms with the basic eyepeces i own

post-9175-0-53260700-1402678184_thumb.jp

Wohoo everyone is buying new gear, think I need to spend a few quid, maybe a nice 6se would go nicely or an 8se  :lol:

And why not, we deserve to do something nice for ourselves on occasion.   :smile:

Edit: It's good for the economy too.

I've upped the ante with my dew buster kit by adding a heater band to my secondary mirror. So along with the eyepiece band and the telrad I'm now orchestrating a triple attack on any dew that fancies its chances!!!

Been doing some maintenance today on the £30 Orion Optics 6 inch scope I picked up from Astronomia Outlet at the IAS. Mirror cleaned and it looks so much better now :-) Now need to locate the cheshire to get it collimated. Its a nice size and weight for grab and go on a little alt az mount.

The secondhand wheely bars I also bought have now been attached to ther EQ6AZ mount and thankfully it JUST goes through the shed door. Really going to save my back! So very pleased with my latest purchases :smile:

Now trying to decide whether to spend a bit more on upgrading the OO focuser...

Helen

Archived