Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

latest buys.. the S.W.V.G :P

garethmob

well looking at how popular the latest buys thread is on another group i thought we have one too, might be able to give each other tips on "first lights" and what not

i guess my latest buys are......

25mm m42 lens :)

4.3" reverse car screen (for samsung 2000 viewing) :

a 3 hole +usb 12" socket extender for powertank :

and a Gerd Neumann Aurora Flat-Field Panel 100mm panel :

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Last thing I bought was a 2" 35mm eyepiece from FLO.

The last thing I've made was a resistor type dew heater for my Telrad.

Next thing I would like to purchase would be one of those micro focusser upgrades for my Dob.

Next project for DIY? I'm mulling over the idea of making a dessicator plug for my Dobs mirror cover.

Just looked up a Telrad Pulser, as I've not heard of that before - looks like a really good idea - add it to the list!

My latest astro purchase probably is a new roof for the Obs :) Proved its worth a couple of nights ago when it suddenly started lashing down with rain :D. I was able to just grab it and slide (once I'd moved the scope out of the way!), whereas previously it would have entailed rigging up the pulley system.

Next purchase is an auto dob :evil6: (possibly tomorrow :))

Helen

I forgot to mention i bought a 2" OIII Filter and a Aluminium Flight Case for my E/P's.I'd Love a Obs Helen but the boss said i cant until i finish the rest of the work on the house!

Im buying a Skywatcher Skyliner 400p Flextube Dob David,but i may have to sell my 300p and my coronado pst to part fund it :)

well I have finally purchased a scope!

I have a 200p on motorised EQ5

Haven't tried it yet, as its a bit of a beast, and i find it a little scary!

at the moment, the box and bits and bobs fills my shed, so i'm off to a popular chain of DIY stores tomorrow to try to get a container to keep it near to the house so I can have a gander through it!!!

and Mat, how big is a 400P????

:-)

i know the sizes of 200ps as i sold my OO 8" one not long ago it was a beast to put on the tripod very scary:P

WOW how much are 400p's, n i thought ur 300p was big mat:P

we did have crazy weather helen last week, i was just takin everythin out to set up when it came down! :) i was lucky as i usally go indoors on a imagering run after the first 3 subs av taken

will it fit into your car then mat?

He'll have to have it poking out of the sunroof, like some crazy stargazing tank.

I recently received my new motorised EQ5, Revelation EP set and rigel finder from FLO :)

My teeny tiny telescope looks even teeny tinier on the new mount, it's a beast. :(

Now I yearn for a GOTO HEQ5 with a 200PDS, this hobby is terrible!

He'll have to have it poking out of the sunroof, like some crazy stargazing tank.

I recently received my new motorised EQ5, Revelation EP set and rigel finder from FLO :)

My teeny tiny telescope looks even teeny tinier on the new mount, it's a beast. :(

Now I yearn for a GOTO HEQ5 with a 200PDS, this hobby is terrible!

the astro tank just made me laugh!

I am starting to worry about this new hobby of mine

i havent even started yet, and it seems to be a big monetary drain!

Haha,I may have to buy a van the way I'm going!,I'm going to ring FLO to find out the length of the ota when it's retracted,thats my only worry,the base comes apart easy enough.It is a very expensive hobby tgb but it's worth every penny!

Archived