Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Photoshop basics for astrophotographers

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 months later...
  • 5 months later...

Anna, some very useful insights there. I have used photoshop before , in a self taught suck it and see kinda way, but its good to see alternative methods in use. I would like to echo everyone elses

sentiments and thankyou so much for taking the time for producing these videos.

Your landscape work is equally stunning :) I will post a couple of my attempts later , dont be too harsh a critic ;)

• 1 year later...

Guys and gals,

Is CS3 going to meet my PP AP needs?

I'm new, yeah.

I've got an old version of Photoshop 6.0 that seems to work ok so CS3 should work too - as you progress there is the question of plugin compatibility for some of the more advanced techniques but I haven't used them.

David

• 3 months later...
  • 2 months later...

In addition to the more intermediate and advanced videos and faster paced ones I already did, I have just added a few new videos on Photoshop basics for astrophotographers on my site.

These 2 (soon to be 3) videos try to explain Photoshop use for astrophotos if you don't know anything about PS. I try to go slower and zoom in compared to my previous videos so that you can follow along more easily.

I hope they help.

Beginning with Photoshop for astrophotographers

The main menu for all the videos I have available for Photoshop and astrophotography is located here: Enterprise Astrophotography: Videos

Not sure what happened to your tut's, Has the link take's us to a dead page.

Did you take the tut's down ? If you do happen to still have these, I would be grateful to watch & learn from them, I know nothing when it comes to LR or PS

and find the UI so overwhelming. If you manage to find these would you please send me a PM.

Thank You Kindly

P.S

Love the set-up you built there, it's something i could see or find myself doing lol.

• 2 weeks later...

I haven't had chance to look at these yet as I'm currently at work, I'll try them tonight when I get home but I just wanted to thank you for putting the time and effort into making these videos. This is one of the main reasons I love this community, everyone is so happy to help others and take time out of their own day to make these types of tutorials when they really don't have to.

So thank you again :)

Phil

• 1 month later...

Sorry for the delay in response to the inquiry, I was in the process of moving the last few months from the UK back to the US. The website is still up, though a few of the videos were having problems so I had temporarily pulled them off. I have put a link back to where they are on the main video page as I got so many requests to have them back up right away. I am working on redoing them all, though that might take a little bit. The page will look better once I get the new ones up and redesign the page.

Since I am redoing the videos, anyone have any specific requests? (the 1st new one is up but it is a how-to of using the actions based on a few requests for that). 

I'll try to expedite the redoing of the videos. 

All my best, 

Annie

• 6 months later...

Archived