Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

The TS 65mm Astrograph Quadruplet Review

Deneb

Nadeem,

Given your experiences (and a similar conversation with Bern) I will definately not be buying a TS 65Q, especially as your concerns are backed up by RobH and Olly!!

I have now dismantled and re-assembled the focuser on the ED 80 with the result that it will now support the 383L+ and EFW 2 - not had a chance to try it out since adjusting the focuser, so will wait to see what results I get before looking at other scopes.

The new WO Zenithstar 70 looks promising but I would probably go for a flattener rather than a reducer/flattener. f4.8 sounds great but I am using 1.25 filters and think I would probably get in to vignetting issues with the 383, even using the EFW 2 filterwheel. I accept that I might have to eventually buy new filters.

Do a indoor run with the gear, I had a 383 with a reducer & efw2 on back of a stock focuser, no problem & re the WO70ZS with 1.25" filters, decent flats will get rid of the vignetting...

For the guidescope, for £50 you can get a WO finder shoe & bracket with rings which will fit a 9x50 guidescope,similar to what im using..

Nadeem.

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Archived