Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

One last shot before the band breaks up......!

Stu

Having been somewhat 'acquisitorial' during the cloudy skies, I ended up having a rather impressive lineup of 2" TV ep's for a brief period. The 41mm Panoptic has now departed to a new home and at least one out of the Type 4 Naglers is likely to go although that will be a wrench. I've yet to decide if both 17 and 21 ethos stay, I need to try them together in a range of scopes but I suspect they might both hang around. Logically there's no need to keep the Type 4's but I do enjoy my little grab and go refractors; the 22mm is very compact and gives a 3.76 degree fov in the TV76 so if I can I may keep it for travelling.

Enjoy.

post-6762-13655729519_thumb.jpg

Stu

p.s. Apologies, I forgot the now customary tin of beans for scale but I think you know by now :-)

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thanks chaps.

Charon, yes I do use the 31t5 a lot, mainly in my 106mm frac where it gives just under 3.7 degree field of view. It is lovely from a dark site and with an OIII filter for the Veil. I suspect it will get less use with the 21e around but I've heard many stories about people selling them then regretting it so I shall be hanging on to both.

I won't be selling any of these for a little while, at least until I've had a decent chance to assess in a range of scopes.

My apologies regarding the tin. Last time I posted along these lines, all I could find was a tin of chickpeas which felt a little wrong :-)

http://stargazerslounge.com/index.php?/topic/163450-Good-against-burglars?/page__view__findpost__p__1651894

post-6762-136558001481_thumb.jpg

post-6762-136558003455_thumb.jpg

Cheers,

Stu

Thanks chaps.

Charon, yes I do use the 31t5 a lot, mainly in my 106mm frac where it gives just under 3.7 degree field of view. It is lovely from a dark site and with an OIII filter for the Veil. I suspect it will get less use with the 21e around but I've heard many stories about people selling them then regretting it so I shall be hanging on to both.

I won't be selling any of these for a little while, at least until I've had a decent chance to assess in a range of scopes.

My apologies regarding the tin. Last time I posted along these lines, all I could find was a tin of chickpeas which felt a little wrong :-)

http://stargazerslou...ost__p__1651894

post-6762-136558001481_thumb.jpg

post-6762-136558003455_thumb.jpg

Cheers,

Stu

how do they compare to the 28mm uwan stu.?

I've never actually done a side by side with the UWAN, haven't used it for quite a while. I intend to sell it at some point but will give it a try before I do. The UWAN unfortunately has a scratch on the optics so I need to check how much of an effect this has and sell for a bargain price no doubt.

Stu,

It depends where it is but I have a Canon lens that has like a smear scratch across the coating when it was rubbing on something like Aluminium, I can't see it at all in photos and I have some good cameras.

But it's like the 55mm TV I am trying to sell, that is damaged to the eyerim, people are worried by it even though in the dark you would not know it from a new one from the shops.

Alan

Archived